Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails stashing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server hosted by a hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's review these. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to set up a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by given web hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the tasks at hand between individual packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a big amount of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the solution is typically free. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mail addresses. Some firms provide hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to possess an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to run as many video files as you desire without bothering about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to run a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Hosting Gators, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular content only.